Working with us
We are a thriving, family-run pub at the foot of the Cotswolds, tucked away in the village of Little Somerford, near historic Malmesbury.
As a free house, our ethos is to create a pub with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere that we would come to ourselves. Somewhere that serves excellent, unpretentious food, fantastic beer and wine while at the same time offering great value for money and accessible for all to enjoy.
Sourcing mainly local ingredients and supporting neighbouring farms and producers, we want to reduce food miles and reflect the great British seasons in their dishes. We have achieved much since taking over the pub in December 2019 and have exciting plans for the future.
We are always interested in innovative, inspirational hospitality or pub people to join our passionate team and help drive our ambition to be a ‘must visit’ pub destination in the Cotswolds.
Please see current roles below.
Kitchen Assistant – (Full Time)
Good hourly rate: £8.50 – £9.50 (DOE) + Tip share, Pension, holiday and performance related bonus.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to be a part of our small team in a busy, safe, well managed and professional kitchen. This is a full time role and would suit someone who is keen to begin a career in the food service industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible
- Collecting and wash up pots and pans
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery
- Unloading food and equipment deliveries
- Keeping the storeroom organised
- Keeping work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
- Basic food preparation
Front of House Manager
Good base + Tip share, Pension, holiday and performance related bonus.
We are looking for an experienced (2+ years) FOH manager to work alongside the current management team. You will have come from a pub/hotel background with experience of directly managing a busy team covering bar and food. You need to have an outgoing, friendly personality, excellent customer facing skills, with a natural eye for detail and communication.
- Hands on Management Role reporting directly to the Chef/Owner
- Full Control of all Front of House Staff
- Responsible for Restaurant and Bar Budgets and GP Control
- Ensure all Health and Safety Standards are adhered to
- Implement and monitor all Service standards
- Supplies Ordering and inventory control
- Food and Beverage Supervisory experience in a busy pub or hotel environment
- Drive & Ambition to progress while being a Team Player
- Strong P & L understanding of Hotel Food & Beverage Management
- Will be a Natural Leader and be able to deliver 5 Star Standard Service and Quality
- Excellent organisation, training and development skills
- Ability to deliver medium sized events throughout the year (Weddings and Events up to 150 People)