Customer Information – April – May 2021
Our OUTDOOR food and drink marquees are open and there is additional seating in our new ‘Bullring’ area.
The INDOOR pub tables are available to reserve from May 17th in line with the current guidance.
We have made some further alterations to both the pub and marquee area to offer families and friends the widest range of socially distanced dining opportunities and it is important to continue to follow safety guidelines at this time.
How to Book
Monday to Friday – 12 noon to 11.00pm
Saturday – 11.00am to 12.00pm
Sunday – 12.00 noon to 8.00pm
We have two outdoor garden marquees (heated) offering covered, outdoor dining for up to 6 people from 2 different households; a maximum of two households can meet to form a group of any size. We have additional heated outdoor covered seating in our Bullring area, for tables of up to 6. It is still chilly so please do wrap up well and feel free to bring your own blankets as all these areas are OUTDOORS.
- On Arrival – please ensure you are wearing your mask use the hand sanitiser at the point of entry. Follow the one way system into the pub where you will be checked in by our team
- Signing in – all guests are required to sign in with their name and contact details – our team will show you how to do this on arrival
- Seating – after signing in you will be shown to your reserved outside table. Please remain at your table throughout your stay unless visiting the toilet
- Masks – do not need to be worn at the table but must be used on re-entering the pub
- Toilets – please follow the one way system back in to the pub if you need to visit the loo. You may be asked to wait for a short period at busy times
- Children – have to remain seated during your visit and not leave the table
- Pets – are welcome but must remain on a lead at your table
- Ordering – our team will visit you with menus and take your orders at the table. You may wish to use our new Table Service App to order more drinks during your meal. Just scan the QR code to order and pay. Your team will bring the drinks directly to your table. If you already have a tab running any additional drinks will be added to your final bill
From May 17th
Our Pub Restaurant will reopen and can seat customers indoors; parties can be made up of a maximum of six people or two households of any size. You do not need to wear a mask when seated at your table. Our staff will still wear a mask at all times.
Parking & Travel
We have 2 disabled spaces available outside the pub. All other car-parking is on the hill as you approach the pub. Please do not obstruct gateways or drive ways.
We use two local taxi companies: V-Cars based from Chippenham – 01249 656565 & 20/20 Taxis – 01666 8611399
Please be aware that for now we have to operate a NO SMOKING policy within the pub and all of our outdoor marquees.
|Monday – Friday||12.00pm – 11.00pm (Last orders 10:30pm)|
|Saturday||11.00am – 12.00pm (Last Orders 11.30pm)|
|Sunday||12.00pm – 8.00pm|
|Monday – Friday||Served from 12.00pm – 2.30pm|
|Saturday||Served from 12.00pm – 2.00pm|
|Sunday||Served from 12.00pm – 4.00pm|
|Monday – Friday||Served from 5.30pm – 8.30pm|
|Saturday||Served from 5.30pm – 9.00pm|
We are limiting the numbers of guests we have in the building at any one time and operating a one-way in and out system – there will be signage for this throughout. Fortunately, we now have two dining areas that can safely separate parties into different parts of the pub.
In-house dining for tables of up to 6 people can be pre-booked through the app on our website. If you would like to book a larger table, pre-ordering is required. Please call us on 01666 826535 and we can help.
Whilst we still strongly advise pre-booking as this guarantees a table, we will try to accommodate last minute requests whenever possible. In order to facilitate distancing we will spread dinner and lunch service across several booking times.
While you’re with us
We would ask that you arrive at the agreed booking time as you will have to be shown to your seat while observing social distancing guidance. Please only enter by the main pub doorway and please ensure you are wearing a mask.
You will need to register as a visitor, please complete this quick online form when you arrive.
We pride ourselves on a very clean building, but extra measures are being taken in all public areas with particular attention to areas that are in regular contact with guests’ hands (door handles etc).
We are limited for the time being to one ladies toilet upstairs and one accessible toilet downstairs. These will be cleaned at regular intervals and all handles, taps, etc. sanitised, however please check with your server that the toilet is free before you go as we don’t want you to wait in a queue.
The safety of our staff and guests is paramount. All staff will be temperature checked before shift and anyone with symptoms (or if someone in their household has symptoms) will self-isolate in line with Public Health England guidelines. We would ask any guests showing symptoms to delay their visit and rearrange their booking with us.
Stations will be provided throughout for guests and members of staff.
Staff will be issued with the correct protective clothing where necessary. We will however try to make sure that the atmosphere and environment in the pub is not negatively impacted by this.
Card Payments Only
No cash please for the time being. Please where possible use the App to pay for your drink when sitting outside. Card machines will be disinfected after each use.
Our cancellation period is 48 hours prior to your booking – please CALL US on 01666 826535. Should you have to cancel within this time we will move your booking to a future time when available.
We very much look forward to your visit and thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Scott & Rachel Ferguson